Position - Data/Software Engineer Intern
Learn more about the alternative asset management industry and apply technical/data engineering skillsets to advance the toolkits developed by the data analytics team in the Fintech domain.
- Implement of a robust set of services and APIs via a web platform
- Re-factoring of various risk analytics processes for efficiency
- Develop analytical reports that of relational database schemas in SQL and producing queries that answer business analytics questions
- Implement solutions to specific, self-contained projects and own the process from requirements analysis to delivery
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Proficiency in SQL development
- Some or all of the following technical skills:
- ETL Tools like SSIS
- BI solutions like Tableau
- Knowledge of a Web Application Framework
- Familiarity with R
- Working knowledge of deploying projects to the cloud is helpful
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision required
This position will serve as an Administrative Assistant to the Trading, Trade Operations and Macro/Quantitative/Risk Teams.
The ideal candidate will be extremely professional, energetic and have a positive can-do attitude. The environment is team oriented but extremely fast paced, requiring an ability to work well under pressure, execute quickly and still maintain good relationships across the organization as we value teamwork. At the same time, the position requires excellent judgment, discretion and confidentiality. He/she will be an integral part of the Administrative Team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate flexibility and a strong ability to multi-task across a variety of duties while paying close attention to detail and remaining organized. He/she will be proactive and resourceful and be able to handle the variety of tasks that may come up. The ideal candidate will be required to prioritize responsibilities and balance time-sensitive projects with day-to-day activities and the needs to disparate constituents.
- Coordinate schedules and manage/maintain busy calendars, scheduling meetings (both inside and outside the firm) and conference calls
- Coordinate travel arrangements including air and ground transport, lodging, corporate meeting schedules
- Prepare travel itineraries and troubleshoot travel related issues as needed
- Organize registration and meeting agendas for conferences and events
- Track expenses and prepare expense reports
- Assist with updates and formatting of investment spreadsheet models and various complex Excel spreadsheets (including macro-driven files)
- Update Catalyst Calendar for portfolio for global macro events
- Create and print various reports for trading and investment teams (daily, weekly, yearly)
- Act as liaison with brokers, sell-side analysts, company managements, and research experts and record their activities
- Contribute to company-wide calendars and organizational spreadsheets
- Copying, printing, scanning and physical/electronic filling of documents as needed
- Perform basic research and special projects as needed and assigned
- Provide back-up support for the firm’s Receptionist which is rotated across the Administrative Team 2-4 days a month (roughly one hour a day assisting with answering phones, greeting visitors and seating meetings, maintaining the kitchen and conference rooms)
- College degree strongly preferred
- Superior level of skill in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat/Distiller
- Role includes extensive use of Excel and advanced skills are required. Familiarity with pivot tables also required
- Experience with finance-specific programs (Bloomberg, Factset, etc.) strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior relevant administrative assistant experience required; candidates with experience supporting multiple managers preferred
- Candidates with experience in a corporate professional environment are strongly preferred; experience in the financial services industry a plus, and experience in investment banking, hedge funds, venture capital and/or private equity a strong plus
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment
We offer company-paid health, vision, and dental benefits for employees, as well as holidays observed by the New York Stock Exchange and three weeks annual PTO and four paid sick days per year. We have a 401(k) plan. Positiona at PFM are at will and subject to pre-employment background and/or reference checks.
Interested and Qualified Candidates are encouraged to apply. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.