Position: Hedge Fund Accountant
We are a dynamic, entrepreneurial financial services firm based in SF currently with 65 employees. The firm has a 15-year track record and is an SEC-registered investment adviser with approximately $4.5 billion AUM. We manage approximately 27 hedge funds across 7 strategies. The firm’s strategy is primarily global long/short equity, with some credit, commodity and private equity exposure. The firm provides an excellent platform for growth.
We are seeking a hedge fund accountant who is motivated for a challenge and looking specifically for an opportunity to learn and grow. They will be joining a very collegial and smart-working finance team who are constantly looking for ways to innovate processes with technologies and best in class approaches to their work. Accountants who work at PFM obtain a comprehensive knowledge about hedge funds’ daily operations; monthly and yearly reporting; compliance and regulatory filings; and tax and audit process. We need an individual who is a driven self-starter but who can also work well and collaborate effectively with their team and others throughout the firm.
Specific responsibilities assisting with fund operations, audit and tax are listed below and are shared with four other fund accountants.
- Work with Administrator on OTC trade settlements (CDS, equity swaps, OTC options and bank debt) and break resolutions
- Work with Administrator on collateral and margin calls from counterparties
- Manage wire approval process with Administrator
- Review cash and position reconciliations prepared by Administrator
- Review daily tax adjusted portfolio aging reports and communicate and resolve issues with Administrator and in-house tax database programmers
- Review and communicate tax lots with specific identification lot relief method to Administrator
- Review New Issue income allocations prepared by Administrator
- Prepare accrual schedules for monthly closings
- Prepare weekly and month-end performance projections
- Perform monthly global testing on pricing, interest, dividends, stock-loan & pay-to-hold fees, and cash breaks
- Review monthly net asset packages prepared by Administrator including investor book allocations
- Review management fees, crystallized incentive allocations and third-party invoices
- Review capital distributions and subscriptions
- Review monthly risk reports
- Perform security analysis on constructive sales, QCCs and straddles
- Assist in year-end wash sale planning
- Prepare and review fund level and investor level tax estimates
- Review K-1 tax returns
- Assist in annual audits and review financial statements
- Assist with investor requests
- Review Form PF and OPERA filings
- Improve existing workflows through automation
- A degree in accounting/economics/finance
- The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of experience in public accounting specializing in hedge fund audits and direct experience in hedge fund accounting is a strong plus
- Minimum partnership tax knowledge is preferred but not required
- High proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with derivative instruments, fixed income securities, bank loans, Bloomberg and Tableau a plus
- CPA a plus
We offer competitive health, dental and vision benefits (100% paid for employees and we pay 70% of dependent premiums). Time off includes holidays observed by New York Stock Exchange plus one floating holiday, three weeks of annual paid time off and four paid sick days. We have a 401(k) plan.
This position is exempt, and employment is “at-will”. Employment is subject to background and reference checks. Regular hours are market hours with an anticipated start time of 6:30am.
Interested and Qualified Candidates are encouraged to apply. Please contact: